seizures during/after sex

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

How honorable. Most men send HER to the kitchen. :)

MOST "MEN" AREN'T STEREOTYPES!!!

If any man treats their woman that way then they are an ***hole!!! same goes for women...if any woman treats their man that way then they are a *****!!! to sum it all up if anyone treats anyone with such blatant disregard for another's feelings/emotions then they are scum!!! People are invaluable and should ALWAYS be treated as such!

This is why relationships fall apart...it seems harmless at first but humans are a creatures of habit and if you practice bad habits and have a careless attitude then you'll never make it any relationship...

In a serious relationship it is always EQUAL...you're always standing side by side together...never one's needs treated less important than the others...NEVER

but always treating each other like the oxygen you breathe...a vital life source...without it you cannot survive let alone LIVE A MEANINGFUL LIFE :)

Last edited:
I had a couple of seizures in the afternoon when I had sex last time. It was about 3 hours after so I didn't really know if one had to do with the other.
My hormones can often stimulate a seizure during that lovely week of the month.

I had a couple of seizures in the afternoon when I had sex last time. It was about 3 hours after so I didn't really know if one had to do with the other.
My hormones can often stimulate a seizure during that lovely week of the month.

Yeah I feel sick afterwards every time...weak and dizzy almost lethargic with a headache/jaw ache...doesn't have to actually be "sex" just release in general...sucks cuz in order to release your entire body needs to tense up not to mention you need strong mental focus...ironically the more powerful of a lover you are the more dangerous it is because you can reach intimate levels others can't...it's like you are transforming into some god like being...at least that's how it feels to me...probably why I feel sick every time cuz my physical body can't withstand the extreme stress from the "euphoric" experience...and I do believe it is spiritual as well as mental...

I don't think people actually realize just how much energy is being exerted during release...and for us epileptics it's that much more intense...be careful...take it slow...breeeathe...go with the flow...

EXPLODE WITH ELECTRICAL PASSION!!! (you know what I mean lol)

Last edited:
Someone I know gets them every time....she says it's from hyperventilation.

I actually feel like I'm overexerting myself or something...like channeling too much energy too fast...trying to do more than my body can handle at once and in general...

Not necessarily talking about "sex" here because "sex" is and overrated concept...there are much better ways to experience a more "complex" sense of "bliss"...

but having "E" makes it more difficult to simply "go with the flow"...you want to venture into realms unknown...

but in order to do that you first have to transform into a super saiyan or suffer the consequences...

Last edited:
I really don't remember if I brought this up before, if I have, then hopefully you all have forgotten. Have you had seizures during or after sex? I've had 2 directly after sex when I stood up. My neuro thinks it's unrelated, but I'm not so sure! bow chicka wow wow...

Thanks for asking this. I saw a neuro on the 2nd and she said she thinks I have been having partial seizures for 3 1/2 years. Once I got over the shock I started wondering if sex could trigger a seizure. It seems like it could but it doesn't seem to have any effect on mine.

This has been a very interesting thread to read. :banana:

This happens to me ALL the time!
It is the hyperventilation that induces my seizures.

It can bea bit awkward at times but my partner is used to it .

When I pleasure myself I do and come close when my bf pleasures me, but never during the actual sex.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

I love this thread. I'm slightly new to the Forum and the stuff I've read so far is totally helpful. Who knew there were so many who could relate to this kind of thing? The last experience I had was immediately after heavy physical contact. There was no actual intercourse (which makes no difference since it's never pleasing anyway). All of a sudden, I get, "Whoa. I think you just had a seizure." I'm lying there, totally exposed (physically, emotionally, personally) and I say, "Oh no. Did it look weird?" He goes, "Yeah, it was pretty f%$#&*g weird." And then he never called. Alright. So I can see where the epilepsy thing isn't the most attractive, but is it too much to ask for to get a little sensitivity? It was horrifying to have him say that to me and then he never even called to check up on me. I'm sorry, but if that happened to someone I was 'with', I would at least call to make sure they were ok; and I'm not just talking emotionally. I would totally call to make sure they were safe. I'm not seeking sympathy. It just feels good to be able to share with people who know how it is. Thanks for reading.

Sunflower, some people are twonks, common decency dictates you ring and check a person you knew well enough to have a bit of intimate contact with, you know well enough to check in on them.

It must have hurt your feelings but maybe give a little thanks too that you discovered very early on that he was a twonk.

Q

My DH told me I don't know how many times I've had a seizure,.I'm just like ok.
And I go on with what I was doing.

Sunflower, even though I am a bloke and have been / still insensistive its something I have never done / now never would in the future, it takes a brain dead moronic kn*b to do this.
Sounds like a bed notch type guy, whom.if you excuse the pun "Cums and goes".
A total f*ck whit in my opinion and really doesn't deserve to be with you.
Its a shame you dont enjoy intercourse with mr/mrs right its special. (I know I sound soft)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Love is where it's at folks...true honest love...there is no other way...no greater force...nothing more beautiful (there is someone infinitely special for each and every one of us)

Last edited:
Thank you for your words, Toxic. I feel they resonate with Queenie's. I took a few things away from the experience: gratefulness for the early discovery and more discrimination when it comes to partners.
I've never had an orgasm after sex so I don't know how my body would react. If I ever do, then I'll really have something to post! ;)

the old thread i am surprised hasnt popped back up, "is it ok to keep going, after your partner has passed out, or not"

we learned a lot about women in that one.

According to my wife, the answer is, "as long as you can."

She told me what happens down there during a t/c. :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom