Alternative treatments only? any success?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tia

New
Reaction score
Hi again,
I was wondering if anybody has had any success while solely using things like dietary changes, vitamin/mineral supplementation, homeopathy, etc, to control seizures and stop them completely?
Has it worked to use just these and not meds?

We are working to find the best treatment for our daughter. She is still so young, just 14 months. We're just not sure what is best. Of course, a more natural treatment would seem ideal. But does it work alone? Or only together with meds?

Thank you in advance for your answers! It means a lot to us right now!

Cheers

Always keep an eye out for things that might work. I know I'd love to find other ways of controlling my seizures without meds. Just don't avoid meds if you haven't found a good way to control the seizures first. Each seizure increases the probability of having another one & does effect ones memory (my memory is awful from having seizures for so long). Also I find being post-ictal after a seizure much worse than the grogginess from my meds so prevention should be your first concern.

Thanks for the feedback. I checked the links, very inspiring :)

Are there any more out there who have also tried it?

Also, what are your experiences with homeopathy?

Thanks again for your time!
Best wishes to all

I'd suggest a search of the forums (see search function in navigation menu at the top of the page). Those topics have been covered several times. :)

Back
Top Bottom